Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Release 0.1.6 Edit
After a month of development and testing, release 0.1.6 is finally ready! Some of the new features:
- Custom cropmarks bitmap file
- Live histogram while recording
- Time remaining estimate indicator
- Automated Focus pulls
- Focus stacking
- HDR exposure bracketing
- Lens data (hyperfocal distance, DOF, etc)
- Cleaner, multi-level menus that timeout automatically
- Audio monitoring can be turned off during clip review
- Internal mic can be used (must enable audio.mic-power=1 in config)
- Output audio volume control
- Configuration file can be saved to magiclantern.cfg
Release notes Edit
- Unchipped ("Chinese") batteries still do not work
- First second of audio may be at wrong levels
- Lens info only works with modern Canon lenses
- Bracketing does not work in Manual mode. You must use either Av or Tv mode.
- Bracketing must be done in Liveview Mode (will lock up the camera, remove battery to reset)
- The camera will attempt to focus between each shot; use manual focus mode instead
Focus pulling / stacking Edit
- Only works in Liveview Mode
- Occasionally locks up camera (remove battery to reset)
HDMI output Edit
- Zebra and cropmarks will not display correctly
- Histogram may be calculated incorrectly
- Only outputs 480p while recording (quicktime file is still 1080p)
Support the project! Edit
Thanks to your help, we have covered all our funding needs for now.
Please consider donating to EFF for us, because they do a great job in defending your digital rights, including the right to run third party software on your own devices!
Please note that this firmware requires Canon firmware 1.1.0 ONLY. If you have upgraded to 1.2.4, please be aware that this release will not work at all with it. The next release will have support for 1.2.4 or the follow-on release with the new video modes.