Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
AI suggested IDAPython.
I don't have the intention to use IDAPython any more, since GPL tools are 10-100 times faster (!), they don't give timeouts due to demo restrictions, and they don't crash as often. Also, no more floating point errors when importing SymPy!
The GPL Tools/ARM console script includes a small compatibility layer for IDAPython. Not 100% compatible, but it helps porting existing scripts quite a bit.
This page will remain as a starting point for anyone who wants to try IDAPython. </Notice>
How to decode an instruction, call an IDC function...
Just a bit beyond the basics
This is going to be similar to Brainfuck :)
... how about a Brainfuck decompiler in SymPy?
My experimental code is here. Feel free to improve it.
- ASM introduction
- IDAPython home page: http://code.google.com/p/idapython/
- IDAPython docs: http://www.hex-rays.com/idapro/idapython_docs/
- IDC docs: http://www.hex-rays.com/idapro/idadoc/162.shtml
- Examples: http://code.google.com/p/idapython/wiki/ExampleScripts
- Requirements: IDA 5.x and Python 2.5 (some versions use 2.6). Works with IDA Demo and Wine :)
- Optional IPython support (does't work for me, I get a black window): https://www.openrce.org/blog/view/1509/Interactive_IPython_Shell_for_IDA_Python